When deciding the distillation set up the following aspects are required to be considered while ordering the set up :-
- Distillation output and details of the mixture to be distilled.
- The size of the reactor- vessel volume and the number and capacity of the circulating vessels and receivers.
- The means of heating available/desired.
- The chilled water/cooling water available.
- Operating temperature and pressure.
- Type of operation (Reflux boiling, distillation, rectification, reaction, phase separation)
- Details of the maximum room height available or the information on the site.
- Type of stirring required.